Sunday, October 07, 2007

Last night the DJ saved my life

I guess in this case you can't really put a price on a memory or experience and for that - the person who came up with the MasterCard marketing tactic - is truly priceless (in my book)

Although I was uncertain (I mean down to the very second) - I went to the reunion and enjoyed myself

However, I am learning to listen to myself more - which Im learning I have a pretty good intution of things and people

Most of the people (who showed up) and Im talking out of a class of 500-600 about 100 folks showed up (if that many) and it was a flash back alright

All the girls that hated me because I was skinny/slim and cute - were quickly reminded that I hadnt changed one bit
And so, they thought it was necessary for them to guard their husbands and/or significant others
when all I was really trying to do is mingle (LOL)
and it really wasnt that serious
(Im laughing because Im thinking of the Keyshia Cole and Missy Elliot song - I dont want your man...)

There were several times throughout the night that I decided to leave (before the event was over) but as the song says "Last night the DJ saved my life" and he really did.
I jokingly told my friend Bah - that I had made 3 booty calls (a name of a dance and song) by 10pm - so I was tired

It was quite fun being out and I am one of those people who genuinely likes to dance

BUT.... I could feel the hate and for that reason - I'll say - 10 years wasnt enough time

Will I go to another reunion - Probably NOT
So for that - I guess it was worth $60 bucks (kinda)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I should have attended and helped you enjoy the evening!

11/01/2007  
Blogger Hamani said...

Yeah... (whom ever this is responding) you should have been there - it would have been nice having some company

11/02/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've always been great company. I probably should've been there. I always seem to have unforseen circumstances that prevent me from making PROMS, reunions, etc.....You know who it is? It's me! LOL....Good to see you're doing well sista...

KD

11/19/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home