Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ode to The New AT&T aka "Dem Bastards"

First of all - Hello everyone, I know Ive been gone for sometime - but thank GOD for Blogs - I need to vent

For almost a year I have been the proud owner of a Cingular (or is it AT&T) 8125 Pocket PC - PDA cell phone.

As of today, I am on my 3rd phone. Why you might ask - well thats because those commerical where Cingular has actors comicially protray how "other" cell phone companies drop calls - they themselves - Drop calls...and they drop them like nobodies business. In fact, I was on the phone with my friend Tony who has Cingular/AT&T and both of us had full bars - yet the call dropped for no reason at all which leads me to my next frustration.

I cant even place a call on this phone - the screen keeps saying its dailing - but I dont hear the normal sound that a phone that is dailing makes. So the phone pretends to connect to the person I want to call - even to the point of saying its connected. Here I am saying - Hello... Hello... If you can hear me its my stupid phone and "dem bastards" are probably having a good laugh on me right now. I hang up - only to be able to actually make the same call I was trying to make MINUTES later.... What the Hell....

For those of you who arent familar with this phone - it slides open to show the "hidden" keyboard. This is one of my favorite features - only things is that the phone decides which position it wants to show me my information. If the phone is in the horizontal position it shows me things vertically and if its in the vertical position it shows me information horizontally. I am not the master of my domain (phone) - because only a hard reset (similar to a hard reboot of your computer) will save me from my agony.

Apparently, I need to make this a weekly ritual - I replace my phone on Thursday and by Saturday I was experiencing the same problems I turned my phone in for. Maybe someone played a trick on me in the waranty office - Maybe they removed all of my information and just gave me back my old phone -
My... That sure was funny. You got me - Games over. I dont wanna play with you anymore.

Is there a solution: this is the most interesting thing when you call a customer service line or in my case I spoke to customer service, the waranty department and tech support. All The kings horses and all the kings men - couldnt get the dang phone back together again.
So the rep is going through all the "protocol" because they are trained to NOT provide you with good service only to pretend that they are providing you with good service (part of me wants to take that back because I have come across some VERY helpful people) but since this isnt the case in this situation. I will tell you that I heard a whole bunch of Sorries and hold on let me ask my supervisor or let me ask a "senior" rep... HUH!
You arent fooling anybody
you are probably taking some extra bites of your sandwhich, going to the bathroom, a smoke break, ANYTHING but talking to your supervisor about what just happened - You know WHY - because the supervisor should have gotten on the phone - thats WHY - Blondie (Im assuming the girl was blonde).
So not only are they pretending, Im pretending to not care, not to be angry, and to believe in this fake supervisor story...
and its really - freaking ridiculous

What now!

The straw that breaks the camels back:

Lets summarize what just happened here.
Been with Cingular - The new AT&T for sometime now (Im talking years) - maybe its time for a change
I have a business account and 2 other accounts under mines
I purchased a phone that didnt work for me - not once, not twice, but three times
I was able to trade my phone in for a better phone (yes laugh)
they think they are doing me a favor by upgrading me
they think they are doing me a favor by running this idea to upgrade me by their fake supervisor while they finish their lunch

Okay here is the straw: I found out that I was paying for insurance on my phone - only to find out that the insurance doesnt cover PDA phones
My question to the rep - so why are you charging once a month
Ladies and Gentlemen - I received the dead silence treatment or maybe the call dropped after all it is The New AT&T with the fewest dropped calls

Okay I think Im done for now....

2 Comments:

Blogger muchira said...

LOL! Hilarious!!

You know what we say right? Cingular does have the lowest dropped calls, I guess I get all of them. Though after reading your blog I now realize that you get a lot of them too!!

9/19/2007  
Blogger TrueMoxie said...

It is the take over- that is what I, NICOLE, am calling it- "THE TAKE OVER". As soon as "Dem Bastards" AT&T took over my services have completely sucked. I have been with Cingular for 8 years almost, I am talking when Cingular was Cellular One- yeah way back. I have never experienced anything like this..and the plans...what plans...I am serious considering switching to Verizon aka "DA MONOPOLY"- if you change the letter to DA MONOPOLY you get DAMN LOOPY- which is what this telecom game is. Anywho..you on your 3rd phone, I am on my 4th, an HP IPaq. I went through 3 Palm TREOS in less than 1 yr. Too many stories behind those, let's just say one call the police frequently on it own. I love the IPaq, and would recommend this Pocket PC to everyone, just not AT&T Mobility's service. I feel like a sprint customer- nice phone, crappy service. The only thing great thing about AT&T Mobility's services is that your bill can extend to 3 & 4 months without a late fee or cut off. I know because when I had to abruptly move I had to let some bills sit for a bit. Oh and I could use my cell anywhere, now please I can bearly use it in the AT&T store without it dropping or fake dialing...DEM BASTARDS and their TAKE OVER

9/19/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home