Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Day of Rest

I took a nap today
How awesome is that
Funny thing is that Im still tired

I woke up early today around 8am. Wasnt really ready for the world until about noon. Left out only to realize that I was in a shopping mood. This feeling has been coming upon me a lot lately. But, I decided to resist it
Im actually in the market for clothes and not just because its fall - but because I really dont have much to wear since the fire.

Day by Day, I reflect back and miss certain things about my apartment and even life, pre-fire. I wish I was there now. To hear the noise from the city (ambulances or police cars mostly). I miss my annoying neighbor who would sometimes cook chitterlings and leave her door wide open - allowing the smell to creek up into my unit. I miss her asking me why dont I check on her more or how my cousin (who used to live with me) is doing. I miss the option of being able to take the bus (if I wanted to) or the subway for that matter, which is also close by. I miss all the spices that were in my kitchen cabinet, I miss my wine glasses and my rabbit wine bottle opener, I miss my down comforter and my electric mattress pad, I miss my bed and all 8 of my pillows (not including the 2 I gave away), I miss my closet full of black clothes and my other closet full of colored items, I juist miss it!

I feel somewhat displaced - Hell... I'm homeless

I refused to rent another apartment - so I guess I will have to wait until the end of the year for a house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home