Thursday, August 24, 2006

Self-esteem

Interesting definition I heard on self-esteem
First - from the dictionary:
1 -Pride in oneself; self-respect.
2- A sense of one's own dignity or worth: amour-propre, ego, pride, self-regard, self-respect
(Thank you, answers.com)

Second - ME
I guess if I had to pick a meaning I would go with EGO, being that I seem to have a semi-large one. I mean on most day - I "chalk it up" (slang) to the fact that I'm a Leo, http://www.astrology-online.com/leo.htm (I can teach you, but I'll have to charge - Yeah, well she and I share the same birthday) not to mention - that I've been told almost all my life, how beautiful and special and creative and talented and.... I am.
Wow...I didnt realize - how much of a sponge I am - soaking up every last bit of it. Now when I receive a complement, if its something I've heard before -my mouth is saying thank you, but my mind is saying "I know".
Now adays - I crave complements, that I've never heard before, something on the lines of stunningly gorgeous (that surely would make me smile).


Third - What was said
To often we only focus on the word "esteem" by the way, which is a verb - meaning someone else needs to do (all) the work.
Definition:
To have a high opinion of: admire, consider, honor, regard, respect, value. Idioms: look up to, thinkhighlymuchwellof. See praise/blame.
To recognize the worth, quality, importance, or magnitude of: appreciate, cherish, prize1, respect, treasure, value. Idioms: set store by. See praise/blame.
To look upon in a particular way: account, consider, deem, reckon, regard, see, view. See perspective.
But actually, its SELF- esteem... So all these definition you see above, if your not: cherishing, appreciating, praising, admiring, considering, honoring, valuing and RESPECTING yourself - No one else is gonna.

Its starts with you , remember I asked yesterday who sets the bar in this case, that would be you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home