Thursday, August 17, 2006

Drive Safely

"If we werent suppose to turn around - then why does a car have stirring wheel? " Lauryn Hill
Listening to Lauryn Hill today - the MTV Unplugged CD, so you know she was....... (WAIT!) let me think about what I want to say here.

Do I want to say she was acting crazy because that is what everyone deemed her to be (at the time).
(pondering) she wasnt the "Lauryn" we got used to and accepted - The funky style, secular mixed with spirtual lyrics, even reading the Bible at the Grammy's - we accepted all of that and crowned her with the (Pop) Hip-Hop title

What do I want to say? (in that blank space)
That she was speaking the truth? - cause she was
As I quoted one of the several inspirational, aspirational comments she spoke to the crowd, through the CD - I decide how I want to fill that blank
She was being real -
and although people often think they "recognize real" - most of us are are unfamilar with its features.
I often laugh whenever I hear myself repeat what my god-mother said to me once..."common sense isnt that common"
Same is true when it comes to recognizing the "realness" in people
So sorry folks - you wont get any negative comments on this blog-site about Lauryn Hill
Today - I'll use my powers for good not evil

Drive Safely
& remember when you feel like you're lost or getting further & further away from your destination - there is power in a U-turn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home