Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

(a poem I wrote - in high school)

Completely

Was it the way that he walked?
Or the way
That he talked
That mystified me –
And made me think of him
Completely

Was it his pride?
Or all his secrets he had to hide?
That open my mind wide
To oceans
Streams
And rivers
Running free…

If I could jump
On outta this poem
On outta my bones
& roam
- your insides
- and realize
- what’s making my body temperature
- rise
cuz you’ve opened my mind
to things I've never tried

and it was clever
how you waited for me
weighing all the endless
Possibilities

While I was outside
dancing in the rain
you were checking me out
seeing if I was crazy or sane

I took the overhead view
And it lead me to you

And now, I don’t need wings to fly higher
I can walk
Barefoot on fire

My love has taken off
In the atmosphere –
And thoughts of other lovers
Have…
Completely
Disappeared…

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

wow I remember this one! you should write :"Follow Fashion Monkey"...

2/27/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home