Friday, October 07, 2005

ONE is a magic number?

Ive never really admitted this but... I hate being alone & I was talking to Bah about it & he was like - you mean the
"you need a warm body laying next to you all the time - alone-ness"
Maybe
sometimes
& then other times - I just want to be around some one interesting
having a conversation about nothing - that turns into something
I love it - when Im able to get that from a guy (take notes)
its so rare
I hated when guys say that they are not "phone people"
my last 2 boyfriends were like that -
& here I am
single by choice again
because the conversations got shorter & shorter
until one day - we just said nothing to each other
(& started smiling) -
like what the hell are you looking at me for - I dont have nothing to say to you
I was surprised
when I went out with this guy recently - he said something that sparked a conversation
in my mind - I was like wow
this is not your average -"how was your day"
dont get me wrong - I know that men need to "act" concerned or they appear - not interested (to us women)
but as for me
I respect real-ness
(Real recognizes real & your looking familar)
so if your not real
if your not concerned
dont let me go on & on -in my long explanations about ...nothing
(because its all nothing to you)

I sometimes feel alone - when I get boried
Knowing that I clearly have many things to do (Im avoiding them)
I could...No should.. be using my time wisely -
but my boredum takes over & I looking for company
funny thing is that I really dont want "just anyone" to get close to me
not because Ive been hurt
- I mean come on now -
everyone has
but Im so immune to "real love" (Mary J. Blige)
now adays - I can meet someone - it will be love at first sight -
only to find out - a date later - that person is not anyone I am interested in knowing longer than the few conversations we had on the phone & the one bor-ring - dinner date
Let me just say - I dont even cook - I have so many "trial meals"
Hey Smurf - Im the real live version of how to lose I guy in 21 days - except - I end up deleting their number & never returning their calls...

Back to being "lonely"
that awful word -
some people are lonely (& miserable) - even when they have someone at home - to go home too...

I said that to a friend - last week
reminding him - that even if -he hates his situation
he doesnt "have to" sleep alone
I sleep alone & on most days - I enjoy - not having to share my space
Thank GOD! for body pillows & cool nights that allow me to bundle in my down comforter
but somehow - its just not the same as - someone rubbing your back
& oh - how I miss "spoonin"

There's just me...
One is the magic number
If I add myself unto myself multiplied times
You and yours and you again
There's just me
And if I divide 8 billion, 48 trillion, 98 zillion
There is, there is just me
If I subtract one plus me to the 5th degree,
Use any theorem
There's just me

There's just me...One is the magic number
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/j/jillscottlyrics/oneisthemagicnumberlyrics.html

P.s. This week's project - work on subtracting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find nothing wrong with being by myself. I don't feel the pressure of having to be with anyone. When that special person comes along then that's when things may change. Until then, I still need that special friend for occasional spooning or sex.

9/07/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read me.


I will be back.

9/07/2005  
Blogger Hamani said...

I hear you loud and clear on that - I LOVE SPOONING!!!!!

10/09/2005  
Blogger Hamani said...

I love positive affirmations too - I do a lot of quoting

10/09/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home