Friday, August 19, 2005

When the situation comes - I managed to rise to the occasion

On Day 2 1/2 of being another "fake" coordinator - this time at a beauty salon on Capitol Hill (yes your girl is grinding right now)
As always, I managed to get in good with all the stylist and the manager (They love me & doing my job is easy - unless you make it hard) I go in to the situation - try to do an excellent job - because I believe in exceeding expectations - I believe that I can make a situation better - and I honestly believe in being "supportive"
Anyhow -
(Because they really dont know me - they try to fill me out) They ask - where do you get your clothes - Sean? How often do you work out? - Sean - You must get compliments all the time from men- huh, Sean?....(yes & from women too - but believe me Im not being arrogant - but I seriously have grown azz women - asking me about "my" game & Im like - your the one with the diamond on your finger - you tell me -)
Anyhow - so Im ultra nice - (because as I tell EVERYONE) there just isnt a gray area in my personality - either - Im sweet as cherry pie - or Im the "bitch" - So like Ntzoke Shange said in "for colored girls who considered sucided when the rainbow wasnt enuf" - Once I realized there was someone called a bitch...... Ive been trying not to be that & leave bitterness in someone else's cup -
Well today - my cup was filled with bitterness - Not the kind of bitterness the means I am going to have a bad day - because my day was freakin GREAT - but the kind of bitterness - where you have to come out and show people who you are for- real...
& I really have to catch myself in these situations - because I'll tell you - I have a smart mouth & I really try hard to control it but when I see things for how they are & what they are - Im not holding my tongue (but I really must be careful - & thats the angel on my shoulder telling me to be peaceful and calm and logical & sometime I dont hear her until after I explode)

Long story short - I had to put an older lady - well 2 older ladies in their place today & I had the support and back-up from the manager - so I told the hoes - when Im here - this salon will be conducted in this manner - now if you wanna do something else when Im not here then thats fine with me... & of course they didnt take me seriously - and of course - I had to show them -
End of the story - I showed them.
Im not out here telling anyone to re-invent a scenario of "when keeping it real goes wrong" NO - but what does being true to your feelings - mean to you?
How far can someone push you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You go girl!!!!!!!!

8/23/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home