Monday, August 22, 2005

Recap Birf-day 2005

Highlights - from Birthday Weekend 2005...

Friday Night - Dinner (yummy)

Saturday Day - Flowers sent to me (wonderful - next time go purple or mix)
Saturday Night - (& I mean late night - like 12am) - I took myself to H2O... Yeah Im grown & Im not afraid to go out by myself - unfortunately Smurf was unable to come - & Sandy was truly missed - but me... feelin a little Carrie Bradshaw - "rose to the occasion" - dressed in all black - I took a cab (very city-like)
Ran into some folks (always networking) - including an unexpected run it with an "ex" - Its always good when its unexpected and you - just so happened to look your best.... So I politely - spoke (because Im grown & grown, mature, positive young ladies like myself - DONT act un-lady-like)

Sunday - got my butt up & went to work (a little late)...then for the main event - Sequoia's - I tell you each time I plan a party - I learn more & more what to do - and most importantly what NOT to do... Having a dinner party for BLACK people - is a task (the best thing to do is #1-invited them over your house - where the food is free....then sum niggas will show up) - #2 - If you want people to show up - (even if you are trying to be considerate of their next day plans...) set the time for the latest (i.e. if you want people to show up at 8:30 - tell them 6:30) - though I understand - no one wants to be the 1st... come on #3 - I think I got the location right (obviously my description of Sequoia's on Sunday's wasnt as elaborate as most people would like to believe - because I kept hearing ... oh... I didnt know it was like this on Sunday (but didnt I say it was gonna be...) - Anyhow the "spot" was poppin & Im glad I got that right. Oh - & some folks wanted to know "how everything turned out" - this is especially funny - because they were not able to attend - but I guess they still want to know if they "missed" something....OF COURSE U DID!
Anywho!
Had lots of fun
Did a lot of flirting
Had my raspberry martini's & even 2 glasses of champagne (by the way - I was told Im a cute drunk)
Ate some good food
Didnt snap at any niggas (but I think - I did a form of snapping to someone who may have needed to know - "how I roll")
Considered getting on a motorcyle (that was a big consideration for me - cuz - I DO NOT mess with motorcyles... its the whole "harley" thing)
I looked cute...
Almost - got arrested - just kidding - but there was the cop...(anyhow - its the whole handcuff thing - now he uses his handcuffs for good not evil)
Met a British
Glad I didn't go out (people still wanted to celebrate) but I had to be at work by 8am
Left Sequoia's late - got dropped off home
& best part ever is that I dont look a day older...

p.s. Best Birf-day advice I got yesterday-"eat dessert - before dinner" ironically - I read that in a book - Black Girl in Paris (thats me)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you..Happy birthday To you....Happy Birthday to Tweety....oops....Rhoda...oops.....Meg...oops....LOL..SEandia....Happy Birthday to you........Hey super star sorry I couldn't make SEquoias (however the fuck you spell it) but I trust that you had a great time. I love you much!!!!!!!!PS we have to have girl talk...some shit went down!!!!

8/23/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home