Sunday, August 28, 2005

I was looking for one thing & found something more

Because my blog spot does not contain:
Pictures or... music
I've been forced to paint a picture - with my words
Today - I want to show you what its like for me to apply for jobs..
Ok
imagine a girl - (black girl I prefer) - with a nice size booty -LMAO! - ok sorrie -
sitting at the computer - after checking her email - she goes to the following websites:
Monster
HotJobs
Careerbuilder
Washington Post Jobs
Dice
USAJobs.com

and then she does this:

Click Search or Find Jobs
Click - to the DC Metro area
Click on Admin/Clerical; Financial Services; Marketing; Research; Bizness Development - & then Just about anything right now
Click on Job Titles - of interest
Scroll through the job qualifications...
skimming - cuz I can do all that stuff (or shall I say - I can do all things through Christ...)
Hoping they gave a salary range
Hoping they didnt ask for salary requirments
Hoping they dont require 5-10 years of experience just to make $40K - $50K
Hoping they dont make you complete the application on "their" website
Copy email addresss
Paste into a new message of my hotmail account
Attach - File called Harleyres
Copy/Paste a uniformed cover letter
Forcing myself to remember to change the title of the position - that I am very interested in
Speed Proofread & Send
Repeat 20 times
Depending on what kind of day it is - could be more or less

This is what our employment system has become for the many people I meet - the situation is similar
& its funny that it doesnt matter if you have - more experience or a degree - all that matter - is that you know people - that know some people

I wrote this blog back in July - July 23rd to be exact -
right now as an update (& currently going through all my draft blogs)
Im currently working 2 part-time jobs - that I love...
On the weekends I work at a Day Spa as a Coordinator & enjoy free microdermabrasions w/a facial (currently a $250 treatment)
Monday's & Friday's - I work at a hair salon - as a Receptionist (& receive free hair care - another benefit - since I like to keep my hair done)
- I also do some odd work for different people - if I so choose to work on my 3 days off
And what I realized is that
- I stopped looking for a job - to complete me or to give me a meaning
and start looking for my future & what Im good at & what I need to do (my purpose)
so that I would stop being boried - everytime I started working that 9-5 job
Im so much happier now- becuz - I found a peace of mind
I still look for that "full time" job that will lead me to a life of limitless shopping at Saks - but for now - Im comfortable shopping at TJ Max...
& God - has a way of showing us (ME) - what's important & how less important those other things are not
& thus - the lesson is learned
wanting more than just a job - I found humility

p.s. thanks to shiminge - I have the pictures and the music that I need - thanks for pimping my blog out

3 Comments:

Blogger Me Dwn said...

I absolutely adored this post. My best friend is going through the same thing right now. She's jobless and losing confidence by the truckload with each passing rejection letter, no call, or you're over qualified response.

I'm going to have her read this. I hope it helps her b/c you definitely helped me.

Peace&Blessings

8/29/2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's what I am talking about thanks babe.....still got ideas will do more if you are willing to let me do my thang.

8/30/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things have improved. The job perks are things badly needed. Good!

9/02/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home