Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Show me everything...

Its Spring... & to me that means a lot of things - for the area of Washington DC
The cherry blossoms - have come and gone
Soft ball teams are forming & NOW... Washington DC has a baseball team
(oh & by the way - this is my least favorite sport)
People are riding around on Motorcyles
Annacostia Park or Hanes Point is still a popular place to go - if you are trying to profile (and be ghetto)
Outside concerts & street feast are common
The sun doesnt set til about 9
People are coming out of the house - with less & less clothes on
Clubs are full
Most relationships are on Spring Break - being that guys always act funny around this time...
School is almost out
&... Tourist are everywhere in downtown DC
The come with their pouch purses,
cannon or nikon cameras - making it very obvisous that the are a tourist...
they travel in groups and disobey all the rules - we Washingtonians - have to abide by everyday their tour buses always have on there hazards - getting in the way...
& what these tourist are looking for in all our memorials and in the simthsonian -
they will never find... Because you cant show them everything...
Some of the building which may now read - The.... musuem - probably use to be where they sold slaves
U Street - has a Starbucks (that Im very much happy to see), a Thai Resturant, & a Big Azz Condomium (the Ellington) - but nothing that resembles the history of that street - other than Republic Gardens - which no on goes to anymore...
Everything has been changed to make it better - but what about "preserving" - You know they preserve certain areas in DC they feel is important - but who decides....
Why has DC - always been considered Chocolate City - but now... its like - someone changed the recipe & stopped using enough - Chocolate syrup in the milkshake...
Why is there sooooo much numerology involved in all the positioning and foundations of the important buildings in this city?
Why is that most places where the Chocolate people live/d now considered a HIGH commodity?
Why did that Pepsi commerical during the SuperBowl (with P.Diddy driving or getting a ride in the Pepsi truck) so factual to me... ?
Why is it - that I see that everyone is looking at us - to do something different - only for them to follow?
Why did I even start this?

p.s.. I just wish a tourist would ask me - I'd show them the ghetto...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ok....I beg to differ I hate the fact that Starbucks is on U street now because of the fact that it is way to historical for a "starbucks!" Come on! Bens Chillie bowl has been there since our grandparents were our age and then all you saw was black folk because that was all who came to U street now I am like am I in Dupont or the hood? What the fuck! what is the mayor doing? I think his bow tie is way to tight!

5/11/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adress of US Courthouse on Constitution Ave. is 333. Does this mean that when you go to that building you are hlaf way to hell? Reference numerology. I am like TI, you dont know me.

Hi anyway.

5/12/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home