Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just getting back into the flow

"Seems like yesterday we were sixteen" - The Cranberries...
I must say that I enjoyed high school & the two people that made it EXTREMELY memorable are: Nanita & Ryane
We were the rebels...http://cranberriesfans.com/lyrics/ttfd/therebels.htm
& I wish you could hear this song & understand it -
but u wont...
We did the opposite of everyone else & always pulled it off..

"The Rumor" - Largo High School (used to be) known for: Pretty Girls & High Fashion - what it is today - I have NO Idea... In the mist of being put into an already promising situation (back then) 3 Leos arrised to GREATEST...
We were beautiful - we were fashionable - trying out trends from the 60"s, 70's, 80's & 90's - Playing models, being role models ... (Nita - I wish I had pics - maybe you can help me - but all I can do is try to explain) - Yall... we were doing it...
Ryane' - always came to school - with something on - shocking the masses
Me - with my hair (yes even back then - I was outrageous)
Nita - with her flow - with her "fuck em" attitude - no one knew she was a conservative thug, with a sweet african spirit...
"The Commons Area" - The pole - our territory - a place where everyone could watch our every move (& they did) - People knew us - we had know idea who they are (& didnt care) ... & still to this day - I meet people that claim they went to Largo & yet - I never knew their name...
We were surrounded and befriend by other girls (like us - yet NOTHING like us) that were admired in our school (& basically every guy wanted to sleep with)... laughing cause - those kinda crazy things makes people popular...
Instead of singing the tunes to the most popular - R&B or hip-hop song - we were MTV brats - talking about the girl who used tangerines in her hair...
"The Boys" - love to love ya baby... we only dated - the who's who - this include boys from our school - from other schools & private schools... Senior year - it was the college dudes...
"The Friendship" - Its hard to explain - me & Ryane' have been friends since middle school (8th grade) - me & Nita have been friends since (10th grade - health class)...Its funny - both Ryane & Nanita are the "only child" - this is funny to me because I am the youngest of seven...
In my eyes:
Ryane' - is sweet, classy, BEAUTIFUL black cocoa brown, class president, fashion-trend settler, most-likely to succeed, most likely to own a spa, most likely to become a doctor (no matter how hard medical school is), black art purchaser, always a hearty laugh, beautiful smile, beautiful heart, always loves & means it...
Nanita or Nia - is daring, she always had the boys telling me - "your friend is beautiful", a black panther if she could be, conservative thug, always trying to be tuff, loving because she didnt know how to do it half way, having fun, smokin a J - always thinking about something or looking out the window
p.s. & that was us - & this is how I decieded to come out of my hybernation...LOVE IS LOVE...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Little sister I couldn't have said it better myself, "conservative thug!" haha that is a funny one. Hey I was stylish too! lol if you count my boots with jeans and a T shirt from a rock band! lol or my chinese slippers before they were in style. Chile we had a blast! That song is perfect I do have a picture of all three of us "personality pictures" I will try and scan it for you. Those days were so care free so fun....remember when we were trying to see the Cranberries in a free concert on the "mall" and we couldn't leave school cause our ride never showed up so we skipped anyway and ended up doing some shit we had no business?!!! huh. lol
Health Class and Tracey Lying ass! lol Lawd...

5/26/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home