Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dont sweat the small stuff

Dear God:
Im on a budget
So can you please turn my water into wine
(preferrably White Merlot)
but kind would be fine...

Everyone I know is going through something
Money issues
Family issues
Relationship issues
Love issues
When are we going to let go & let GOD? (Ive heard people say this before - but its true)
I use to tell myself - "Dont sweat the small stuff"
my - have I gotten away from that -
I sweat everything - down to not finding the right color to paint my room -
...now is that really an issue
No
but - I sure did make it one

Just about every girlfriend - I have (except 2 that come to mind) are concerned about getting married -
They wonder when they're going to get... married
How long will it take for them to get... married
Getting older - I need to get... married
(this is the least of my worries)... not to say I dont think about being "alone"
but I DONT think about marriage
only detail that Ive planned about my wedding - is that it would be at night
(by the way - the best wedding Ive been to so far- was Simone's - in Jamaica - now my friend Ray is talking about marriage - really whats that about?)

why - have we - "women" spent so much time in our youth - planning our wedding - but not planning our marriage -
because we worry about the wrong stuff
Too busy worrying about - how nice - how expensive - how creative - how different our wedding is... (to the public)
Spending less time - thinking - how much in love we are with the man - we hope to spend the rest of our lives with...

Yesteday - when I visted my mom:
Her patient is 87 years old - she has brain cancer & she has alheimers (I know I spelled that wrong - oh well - not worried about it - you get my point)...
She is a very brilant woman - She was the first teacher to end segregated schooling here in Prince George's County - She later became a the first principal - was on the school board, ect...
She has travelled abroad to different countries & basically lived a full-life. (I guess I did a mini-bio on her - LOL)
Anyhow - Everytime I go over there - which is atleast once a week - I have to introduce myself
But everytime I go over there - she always says something - thats sooooooooo enlightening - as I depart I want that - but I guess its something that comes with age

Ok - so she has pictures everywhere - & this particular time - she choose to show me the pictures of her husband (who is deceased) -
This is what she said as she showed me the picture - this is the love of my life & the love of my children's life - & so on & so on...
my mom - had to tell me his name (Spike) - but thats how she remembers him & I want that more than I want marriage

p.s. My memory is bad - but I wont forget, what's important
p.s.s Lewis - you told me to stop being so negative

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home