Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Coffee is my drug of choice

I read a book about a year and a half ago called -
Coffee Wisdom - 7 Finely Ground Principles...
Funny story is that I lost this book - with a very important number written in the back of it... Dang...
but anyhow - I choose the Last principle - to talk about today - because I havent had a good cup of coffee yet today & I keep wanting to reheat it - which is clearly against Principle 1:
Reheating Causes Bitterness
About Coffee: Coffee should not be reheated. Every time you brew a cup, it needs to be fresh. Make only as much as you plan to drink.

About Life: Don't rehash the past. Your past is the reason, not the excuse. Let go of what is gone.

Principle Number 7 - Is titled - Drink It While It's Hot
About Coffee: Drink you coffee soon after it is made. Coffee can be kept warm for only about fifteen minutes over a burner before the flavor becomes unpleasant.
About Life: Live in the present with an attitude of positive expectancy.
Everyday - I wake up & I dont think I expect anything -
I think Im just kind of going with the flow - allowing whatever thats going to happen - happen
Dealing with problems as they occur -
Dealing with life - like a deck of cards - hoping the rules wont change - Hoping the game doesnt allow wild cards -
Just Hoping...
This is apparently wrong - because nothing has changed
Well - thats not true - things are changing all the time - but Im only progressing at an "average" rate - my results are standard
& thus, I constantly - want to reheat my life - with temporary excitements...
I constantly want to upgrade my computer with the latest software..
I constantly look for ways to improve
I constantly read books and/or receive knowledge from successful - people & just stand there in awh...
but unable to move - in that direction because - my coffee is luke warm, or it doesnt have enough cream or needs more sugar...

Just about everyday - I write these blogs - and whats funny about it - is that if I was Oprah Windfrey... my blogs would be viewed on a daily basis by half of the world...
Every time - that lady says something - people listen & act - like she was the Lord God - Herself...
Im not sure if she wanted that
but maybe she expected that - & maybe she expected to make a difference in the world & it was something so simple that - right NOW - she can change her thoughts & have freshly brewed cup of coffee - ready for her to enjoy...

I expect the best -
I expect that peace surrounds me, walks with me and follows me where ever I go...
I expect unconditional love - and to be love unconditionally
I expect success - and not necessarily in the form of a BIG house or nice car & plenty of money to spend - Though it would be nice - Im not sure that that would be enough... But the success & prosperity - I expect is one that doesnt make me WANT for everything - because I have more than everything I could ever imagine..
I expect to meet people that will change my life in a positive way
& I expect to change other people's lives in a positive way
I expect to always be able to see the beauty in things
I expect a life that is above average
I expect to travel the road that others are afraid to go - because it involves trusting GOD...
I expect to be someone people want to hear
I expect to be someone people want to see
I expect that when I die - people will remember my life
I expect to make a difference...

P.S. I know that everyone knows that i LOVE coffee - and maybe coffee is not your drug of choice - maybe its birthday cake - maybe its ice tea - maybe its Pepsi - may be its gummy bears - may be its wine - maybe its a J - maybe its music - maybe its sex - maybe its GOD...
Maybe your perfect
But Im not...
I just want to expect the best...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yeah I feel you! i am pissed because every time I go downstairs to get a cup the line is so fuckin long I don't get any and it is almost lunch time and I haven't had any coffee yet!

5/11/2005  
Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

I am definitely a coffe fein, It is a hard habit to shake..

5/11/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seandia this was the first time I visited your blog spot. I truly enjoy your light humor and wit. it is easy to enjoy.

5/18/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home