Thursday, April 21, 2005

Use your heart & not your eyes

I've been blessed with a lot of positive people in my life. I've also been blessed with the ability to make long-lasting friendships... which I am realizing that it is not as easy for everyone to do. Everyone goes through a transitional period in their life and in most cases - the people that are in your life today - may not be there tomorrow... but before you get upset about it - think about why they were there - in the first place.

I read a book about 2 years ago "If life is a game - then these are the rules" - I think I was searching for a message that will help me to understand - my purpose and thus - Im still searching...
Anyhow - I did learn that what I may go though is my own individual lesson in life - that may not be shared with the next person. I know that the way I look at things - may seem weird to most people. What I get upset about - someone else may laugh at. Even when I over-explain what Im thinking - how I feel - I still sometimes feel misunderstood.

I've always been a writer - when I was young I use to write songs and short stories. In high school - Ryane' & Nanita would laugh at me - for writing them a 4 page (double sided) letter when I was suppose to be listening in class... (but I was). In college, I expressed myself through poetry and always found that my words transformed always allowed people to feel me... Now, Im looking at an obvious talent that I do have & asking myself - "So what are you going to do about it?"

Taking the next step - I realize I need more... and I havent been able to finish this statement - because I dont know myself what "more" is.

P.S. I've been wondering - how do you go from one day being an average American - day-to-day NOT following your heart & just... one day deciede to follow your heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You have an extremely rare talent to write which I love about you! And tou clear the record....in high school I did joke with you about your letters but they always brought a smile to my face and I always look forward to them even after high school when you would send me letters in the mail..you know you are the only person who writes me. Anyhoo getting off the subject. I guess the first place to start is write down exactly what you want from writting also write down what you enjoy about writting...it helps to see your goals in front of you so you can plan better. maybe in your spare time you should write letters to authors that has inspired you over the years maybe they have an internship program. Who knows i can help in any way you need me...you keep on writting girl.
Something funny........
Think back to brooklyn, ny Shariese house, the note left by the computer...I always wanted to know if the brother read it or not. lol You are the best Seandia!

4/21/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home