Monday, April 25, 2005

special edition - cuz i was feeling sentimental

MY HOUSE... By Nikki Giovanni

i only want to
be there to kiss you
as you want to be kissed
when you need to be kissed
where i want to kiss you
cause it's my house
and i plan to live in it

i really need to hug you
when i want to hug you
as you like to hug me
does this sound like a silly poem

i mean its my house
and i want to fry pork chops (turkey chops - i prefer)
and bake sweet potatoes
and call them yams
cause i run the kitchen
and i can stand the heat

i spent all winter in
carpet stores gathering
patches so i could make
a quilt
does this really sound
like a silly poem

i mean i want to keep you
warm

and my windows might be dirty
but its my house
and if i cant see out sometimes
they cant see in either

english isnt a good language
to express emotion through
mostly i imagine because people
try to speak english instead
of trying to speak through it
i dont know maybe it is
a silly poem

i'm saying it's my house
and i'll make fudge and call
it love and touch my lips
to the chocolate warmth
and smile at old men and call
it revolution cause what's real
is really real
and i still like men in tight
pants cause everybody has some
thing to give and more
important need something to take

and this is my house and you make me happy
so this is your poem

...Sorry I had to highlight the most meaningful parts

p.s. Thank You's (sorrie - this is not for everyone - right now)

Thank you God for making it all happen (as i accept this award for being the most imperfect person - I know... but just like in Bridget Jones Diary - you love me for who I am)
Thank you Mom for being the vessel that God sends his love through - and you just dont know how much I listen to you..
Thank you Nikki Giovanni - for saying it - like I wish I could say it - sometimes - so that I can tell these folks - what I mean - is not how I mean..... it. Im no longer speaking in English - ( you can even pronouce my name "Laseandia" using correct English)
Thank you Lewis - for making me grow- up (I know.... & you do sooooooooo much more)
Thank you Daddy, Greg & Joy - for helping me move in this weekend -
Dad - you have almost never did anything when - I wanted you to do it - but I appreciate you being in my life, even when I want to hate you for not being in my life... its what I deal with - for you neglecting me - but thank you
Greg - Thank you for being my BIG brother - overly protective of your little sister - but Im not that little... remember that & I will learn to thank you more - when you learn to respect me as an adult
Joy - you've been more than a "mom" - than mom sometimes - especially when you use to smack me & I guess thats why - I sometimes want to smack Kayla... anyhow thanks for kidnapping me on your birthday - about 3 years ago - when I think back - it was crazy - me trying to jump out the car - but it was love & now its funny as hell..
Thank you Sandy - for your friendship & the potential furniture you might give me -LMAO!!! - but mainly for your friendship & positivity - no matter how the story began - we have a fairytale ending
Thank you Nanita, Nia, Nanny, Shiminege - & dont be mad that I put you under or after anyone - this isnt an order thing - (your such a LEO..& here's to you (& us)
http://cranberriesfans.com/lyrics/ttfd/therebels.htm
Thank you Sabrina - cause as long as I've know you - you have held this relationship together - I give you the ALL the recognition for calling me - even when I dont call you (back) - you're a wonderful person & I want nothing but the best from you (Pisces are loyal)
Thank you Joncie - for praying with me every morning - for pushing me to go to church - for helping me to understand - where I need to be - we started off in the church - having fun on Friday's... now we're older (another Pisces)
Thank you Smurf - for letting me boss you around - atleast that's what I thought I was doing... but really we were holding each other's hand & now - I had to let your hand go... its more difficult for me - than it was for you - but if Carrie can do it than I can too!!
Thank you Bah - for knowing me, for being the only person who said to me - "are you scared to live by yourself" - you amaze me, with your observations & though I havent seen you in a while - I still crave cheesecake...
Lastly Thank You Marcus or as Smurf calls you cuzio, I think I like that name - you have given me nothing but the truth... & I realize that we are soooo much alike - & if I say too much people will know our secrets & you are right about the game - I wish you wastn sometimes & maybe thats why you think Im soooo hardheaded - I just didnt want it to be true

p.s.s Like I said - its not for everyone (today) - doesnt mean I dont appreciate you

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you are welcome sweety beety baby boo! lol I love that poem and everything it stands for! You are the best sister I never had! I love you too!
ps You are just as much a leo as me!
*smooches*
I am about to check out the cranberrys link now!

4/25/2005  
Blogger Hamani said...

I am such a Leo & I choose that song - even though I always sing you - "I miss you when your gone"

4/25/2005  
Blogger Now I Know said...

thanks for the shout out-u r right no one was bossing or leading...we are just two very different people good and different things-i agree with your boi...but i know u will get use to living alone and u will LOVE it (if not holla at your gurl as soon as we get them bills cleared up!!)

4/26/2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home