Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Society is a Bee(fill in the blanks)

I was talking to Joncie yesterday - well I practically talk to her everyday now... & it funny - because I go through fazes with my friends - sometimes we talk for hours, days, months & then - Im not available, - Im sorry if it offends you - but its no harm - meant. Sometimes - Im spreading myself - to thin between family and friends - I need to take time for me...

O.k. - I got off the subject.

Society is a bee
Society is a big Black - bumble bee that i keep swating
Society is always telling me...
What I need to do
What I need to wear
Spring colors
Fall colors

How I can tell if my man is cheating on me
How I can tell if my man is in love with me
How I can tell if the people at my job hate me

When & how to ask for a raise
When & how to look for a new job

What's exceptable
& what's not

The best places to visit
The worst places to visit

I wish that society would... (in the words of Samatha from Sex in the City - Season 6 - Volume 1)
shut the fuck up!
excuse my french
& see thats another society saying
its English
Im cursing in English

we pay - way.......... too much attention to society's expectations
and then we are stressed when - we dont have that new Benz - that million-dollar house
Enuf - already!!!!!

p.s. - society - is a booty call in the middle of the night on a Tuesday - & you gotta get up & go to work by 6:30am - (put your phone on silent)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home